Friday, June 27, 2014

What a blessing

I can't tell you how much we have been blessed, since we shared our news last week!  It has taken some time to read and cherish the kind words everyone has spoken to us.  We feel so loved and strengthened to know that so many are cheering us on in this adventure.  You have embraced our child and that means the world to us.

We have also been able to hear from many families, and complete strangers, that know and have met our little "Sue".  It's amazing that you can be connected with people all over the world via email and facebook.  This huge world can instantly seem so small and close.  And so connected together.  Just like Someone is weaving our story of life so intricately.  I know my God is amazing...but He really is amazing!  His ways are perfect and He writes our stories so uniquely.

The fun things we continue to learn about or little Sue....

  • She knows how to fist pump (awesome)
  • She "demands a room" with her big personality
  • She, indeed, is a girly girl of all girls.  Every picture we have received this week is full of tulle, bows, rhinestones, lacy socks, and wings on shoes!
  • She is friendly to all
  • She is smart
  • She is loved by many.
The most touching thing we have learned....so many people have prayed for Sue during her little life.  I can't tell you how many people have told me that they met Sue years ago, and that they have prayed for a family to adopt her. 

They have prayed for Wilson. 
They have prayed for me. 
 
Long before we knew our little girl even existed.  During the years of our infertility.  During the nights of tears.  During the times that we prayed to the Lord, that He would show us the way in which He would bring a child to our family.  They were praying for us.  We were already parents and didn't know it.
And they were praying for our little girl.
 
When she was lying in a crib so small.  When she was learning how to crawl and walk.  When they were seeing their child for the first time.  When they were taking them home.  They stopped and remembered our little girl...and never forgot her. They said prayers for all of us.  She was a daughter and didn't know it.

I will always treasure that in my heart. 


Psalm 66:16-20
Come and hear...let me tell you what he has done for me...I cried out to him with my mouth...God has surely listened and has heard my prayer.  Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!
 
 
 
Here are some answers to your questions:
 
Sue is going to be turning 7years old soon.
It will still be months before we can bring her home...we don't know when (but we hope it will come quickly).
She is itty bitty and doesn't look her age.
We will meet her, for the first time, when we travel to China to pick her up.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment