Saturday, July 5, 2014

Celebration!



What an exciting fourth of July!  Not only did we get to celebrate the independence of our country, but we also celebrated the life of our newest member of the family! 
 
 
Sue had her birthday this week!  We were able to send a birthday party to her, and have her friends and nannies be apart of the celebration.  I wish I could have been a fly on the wall, to see the expression and reaction that Sue had when she saw the cake!  We did receive pictures and videos of the party...which we have played over and over again.  It's absolutely amazing to be connected with Sue from so far away, through technology. 
 


The group celebrated three birthdays that day...what beautiful cakes they had!
 
We sang "Happy Birthday" as we watched the videos and looked at the pictures of the party.  We also knew that Sue would be learning about us for the first time.  Along with the birthday party, we were able to send a photo album with pictures of us inside.
Our contact in China translated small messages on the pictures in order to explain what they were.  Our portraits had "I am your Mommy" and "I am your Daddy" labeled on them.  Again, I would have relished the ability to observe Sue's face as she looked at our pictures.  I wonder what was going through that little mind.  I wondered if she could even comprehend what these pictures were telling her. 

We have missed the first seven years of her life....but I look forward to spending the rest of my life enjoying her presence. 

I love this video of "A Mother's Prayer" by Keith and Kristyn Getty.  The words sung, are the prayers I have for Sue as she embarks on a new year in her life...and for the rest of her life:


Before you close your eyes to sleep
I have a promise still to keep
As I hold you in my arms
I pray your little frame grows strong
And that faith takes hope while you are young
This is my prayer for you

Hold my hand, I'll teach you the way to go
Through the joys, through the years
The journey of these years
May you trust Him till the end
May you trust Him in the end

This world is not as it should be
But the Savior opens eyes to see
All that's beautiful and true
Oh may His light fill all you are
And the jewel of wisdom crown your heart
This is my prayer for you

Hold my hand, I'll teach you the way to go
Through the joys, through the tears
The journey of these years
He is with us till the end
He is faithful till the end

You'll travel where my arms won't reach
As the road will rise and lead your feet
On a journey of your own
May my mistakes not hinder you
But His grace remain and guide you through
This is my prayer for you

Take His hand and go where He calls you to
And whatever comes, seek Him
With all your heart
This will be my prayer for you

Father hear my ceaseless prayer
Oh keep her in your care
 


 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE GIRL!



 

3 comments:

  1. Amy, what a wonderful opportunity the World Wide Web has given to modern adoptions! Would love to see a video if you are able to post it! --Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is amazing that you have been able to connect like this, and I'm so happy you are! Happy birthday to Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amy, this is precious. I was in tears as I read it. I too can't wait for my turn to hold this precious little girl. Love you both and your God filled hearts.

    ReplyDelete